SOME THOUGHTS ON A TRACTOR SUPPLY VESSEL
The advantages and disadvantages of the application of steerable thrusters on supply vessels with common shapes and dimensions are summarized. Several different configurations of steerable thrusters with respect to the location of the thrusters, the prime movers, the possibility of retraction and the type of thrusters are considered. Lines plan and thruster arrangement are shown.
- Convention held April 18-22, 1977.
International Tug Convention (5th)Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Maneuvering; Offshore supply boats; Supply vessels; Thrusters
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00168198
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 8
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM