SONIC SIGNATURE MONITOR FOR INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINES
A piezoelectric sonic signature evaluation system has been developed to monitor scuffing, injection and combustion. The monitor consists of the transducer and a signal evaluation unit. The signatures of normal and abnormal operation conditions may be predicted, and the appearance of new signals and the disappearance of normal signals are criteria for engine malfuncition.
- Presented at the Paris Conference on Supervision in Operation and Preventive Maintenance of Marine Machine Systems, May 4-6, 1977.
Bureau Veritas31 rue Henri-Rochefort
Paris 17e, France
- Hatschek, R
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Internal combustion engines; Monitoring
- Uncontrolled Terms: Condition monitoring; Signature analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel monitoring
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00168197
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM