VIBRATION ANALYSIS USED FOR DETECTION OF ROLLER BEARING FAILURES
The article discusses existing criteria used for quantifying the measured vibration levels and the actual internal condition. It is suggested that in many cases a better criterion can be established if the dynamic properties of the machinery structure are available, that is, if the transmission path between the excitation and transducer is known. The influence of certain operating characteristics on measured vibration signals is discussed. Comparison between actual condition and measured results is given.
- Presented at the Paris Conference on Supervision in Operation and Preventive Maintenance of Marine Machine Systems, May 4-6, 1977.
Bureau Veritas31 rue Henri-Rochefort
Paris 17e, France
- Engja, H
- Rasmussen, M
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Mechanical failure; Monitoring; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Condition monitoring
- Old TRIS Terms: Bearing failure
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00168192
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM