A NEW LUBRICATION CONTROL SYSTEM FOR STERN TUBE BEARING
By monitoring oil film thickness, bearing metal temperature and propeller shaft speed etc, the external oil supply pressure was raised to the level necessary for getting a sufficiently thick oil film (125 microns) at the end of an aft stern tube bearing. The new system was tested in two 237,000 dwt tankers.
- Presented at the Paris Conference on Supervision in Operation and Preventive Maintenance of Marine Machine Systems, May 4-6, 1977.
Bureau Veritas31 rue Henri-Rochefort
Paris 17e, France
- Asanabe, S
- Matsubobu, T
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Lubricating oils; Lubrication; Oil spills; Thickness; Thin films
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil film thickness; Stern tube bearings
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00168189
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM