AN APPROACH TO ECONOMIC TUG DESIGN
The paper suggests one approach to establish bollard pull requirements and, ultimately, basic design parameters with some suggestions to assist the designers to verify their conclusions. Displacement and dimensions, cost comparisons, and stability are considered.
- Convention held April 18-22, 1977.
International Tug Convention (5th)Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Leishman, R S
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Bollards; Costs; Economic analysis; Stability (Mechanics); Tugboats; Vehicle design
- Non-Preferred Terms: Tugs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Bollard pull; Tug stability
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Finance; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00168188
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 6
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM