CONDITION MONITORING OF MEDIUM SPEED ENGINES
A short description of the computerbased system's hardware is given, and some measuring points are introduced. It was found that a simple and less expensive instrumentation is achieved by applying digital thermometers for all slow changing measurements. The software structure of the system is shown. A prototype installation has been tested for 18 months, and the paper deals with some of the experience gained during the testing period.
- Presented at the Paris Conference on Supervision in Operation and Preventive Maintenance of Marine Machine Systems, May 4-6, 1977.
Bureau Veritas31 rue Henri-Rochefort
Paris 17e, France
- Fagerland, H
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Engine rooms; Instrumentation; Machinery; Monitoring
- Uncontrolled Terms: Condition monitoring
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel monitoring; Engine room instrumentation; Medium speed diesels
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00168187
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM