DESIGN FOR A "STANDARD" TUG
The paper outlines a major project to build a standard tug able to work effectively in any port of the world where a shiphandling capability is required. It discusses briefly seakeeping qualities, performance, accommodation, propulsion machinery and auxiliary machinery, and the electrical system. The vessel, mentioned, has a summer draught of ABT 4,2 M corresponding to a deadweight of 485 tonnes.
- Convention held April 18-22, 1977.
International Tug Convention (5th)Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Ingham, B
- George, W
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Electrical systems; Naval architecture; Propulsion; Seakeeping; Standards; Tugboats; Vehicle design; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Auxiliary machinery; Propulsion machinery; Ship descriptions
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00168184
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM