FERROGRAPHY, A NEW TOOL FOR ANALYZING WEAR CONDITIONS
In this method, wear particles are precipitated from a small sample of the oil and by mearuring the size distribution and examining the morphology, the seriousiness of the wear and the general nature of the wear mode can be determined.
- Presented at the Paris Conference on Supervision in Operation and Preventive Maintenance of Marine Machine Systems, May 4-6, 1977.
Bureau Veritas31 rue Henri-Rochefort
Paris 17e, France
- Westcott, V
- Bowne, E
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemical analysis; Engines; Lubricating oils; Oils; Wear
- Old TRIS Terms: Lube oil analysis; Oil analysis
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00168179
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM