MEASUREMENT OF STRAIN DURING A VOYAGE OF THE CONTAINERSHIP DART ATLANTIC
The variation of stress over various parts of the structure is given, together with the mean stress ratio factors of each local gauge relative to the long-base strain gauge at midships. From whipping records, estimates have been of the main-hull vibration damping coefficient.
- Inquiries for obtaining this report should be made to the British Ship Research Association.
British Ship Research AssociationWallend Research Station
- Vardon, J R
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Containerships; Damping (Physics); Hulls; Instrumentation; Strain gages; Stresses; Structural analysis; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull instrumentation; Hull vibration
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00168175
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. D38, NS448
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM