TRAFFIC AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
In these proceedings of the seminar, the following papers are included: Transport policy over the last decade, Collins, MS; Development of traffic management proposals for Central London, Beresford-knox, JE; Consumer response to public transport improvements and car restraint--some practical findings, Heggie, IG; A comparison of the effectiveness of separate bus priority schemes and those affecting entire networks, White, PR, Holmes, RW; Incremental implementation of bus priority in London, King, GN; Traffic restraint in Bristol, Lamb, GM, Traffic restraint--practical experiences in Nottingham, Singleton, DS; A new technique for traffic studies, Orram, H, Wright, CC; Providing for the pedestrian in small towns, Spenceley, GS; Problems of goods movement in Chichester, Turner, CQ, Blundell, GF; Public participation and environmental management, Hodgkinson, DH, Warren, G; Environmental evaluation of traffic management schemes--a review, Gilbert, D, Jowitt, P; The effective control of traffic to minimize noise, Jackson, GM; Tara--an aid to traffic management and transportation engineers, Slatter, DAE; The uses made of accident statistics by Greater London Council, Kelly, MS, Huddart, KW; The Oxford Street accident study 1969-1975, Eburah, JW; The Carnaby Street pedestrianisation study, Myatt, PR; Signs of the times--A commentary on the international influence on the United Kingdom traffic signs, Walton, KN; Progress of urban traffic control in London, Chandler, MJH; Development and future use of the UTC system for west Yorkshire, Hawke, MJ, Franklin, P.
- Proceedings of Seminar K, Summer Annual Meeting.
Planning and Transport Res and Computation Co Ltd167 Oxford Street
London W1R 1AH, England
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 271 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus priority; Conferences; Crashes; Environment; Environmental control; Federal government; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Highway traffic control; International; Local government agencies; Pedestrian areas; Pedestrians; Policy; Public participation; Public transit; Small towns; Sound; Statistics; Traffic control; Traffic engineering; Traffic restraint; Traffic signs; Traffic surveys; Transportation policy; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Decreases; Traffic studies
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- ITRD Terms: 1643: Accident; 8525: Conference; 9009: Decrease; 183: Government (national); 9034: International; 192: Local authority; 341: Pedestrian precinct; 173: Policy; 142: Public participation; 6748: Sound; 6555: Statistics; 654: Traffic control; 655: Traffic engineering; 633: Traffic restraint; 553: Traffic sign; 8119: United Kingdom; 313: Urban area
- Subject Areas: Construction; Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Society; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00168152
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: P139 Proceeding
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1981 12:00AM