THE COMPATIBILITY OF STRUCTURAL MATERIALS WITH OXYGEN
To provide necessary technical input so that DOT could establish regulations governing the safe transportation of oxygen, a state-of-the-art survey was conducted and a research program proposed. The assessment is limited to structural materials in liquid or gaseous oxygen, identifying causes of ignition and combustion during transport.
Department of TransportationOffice of Hazardous Materials Operations, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Clark, A F
- Publication Date: 1971-10
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Flammability; Hazardous materials; Liquefied gases; Metallurgy; Oxygen; Railroad materials; Regulations; Safety; Tank cars
- Old TRIS Terms: Government regulations; Liquid oxygen; Tank car construction materials
- Subject Areas: Law; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00168022
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Department of Transportation
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 275.05-71-2 Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 13 1978 12:00AM