ADVANCED SYSTEMS AND ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
This summary of information presented in Report FRA/ORD-77/27 traces the decade of development of unconventional high-speed ground transportation vehicles. The section on Advanced Systems discusses system engineering, tracked air cushion vehicles, tube vehicles, suspended vehicles and multimodal concepts involving passenger service. The section on Advanced Technology describes work with linear electric motors, guideways, power conditioning, controls, obstacle detection and communications. An Appendix explains current FRA advanced systems and advanced technology research programs.
- A summary of Ten Years of Advanced Research and Development by the Federal Railroad Administration.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1977-10-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Communications; Development; Electric power conditioning; Elevated guideways; Guideways; Intelligent transportation systems; Linear motors; Magnetic levitation; Pneumatic conveyors; Proximity detectors; Research; Tracked air cushion vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Linear electric motor; Tube vehicles
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Research; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00168021
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-77/27
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 13 1978 12:00AM