SUMMARIZATION AND COMPARISON OF FREIGHT CAR TRUCK LOAD DATA
Methods of summarizing and presenting freight car truck load data obtained on service tests are described. Data from four separate test programs are presented in various formats. The data show considerable ranges in the load magnitudes and rates of occurence from the various test environments. This type of information is essential for evaluating the fatigue, safety, and reliability properties of freight car truck components.
- Contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of ASME for presentation at the Winter Annual Meeting, Atlanta, Georgia, November 27-December 2, 1977.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Johnson, M R
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Data collection; Frames; Hopper cars; Information processing; Power spectra; Rocking; Rolling; Tank cars; Testing; Trucks; Vehicle components; Vehicle design; Wheel loads
- Non-Preferred Terms: Power spectral density; Spectral density; Spectral energy distribution
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical techniques; Rock and roll; Side frames
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00168019
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: 77-WA/RT-3 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM