PROGRESS IN RAILWAY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (1976-1977 REPORT OF SURVEY COMMITTEE) CARS AND EQUIPMENT
This survey of the annual ASME report covers some of the major developments in rail freight and passenger equipment made public in the last calender year. It covers developments worldwide. In the freight area the main developments are aimed at transporting bulk commodities with some thought being given to multipurpose concepts. The passenger developments are continuing in LRVS, rapid transit, and commuters; however, long haul equipment is also being developed.
- Contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of ASME for presentation at the Winter Annual Meeting, Atlanta, Georgia, November 27-December 2, 1977.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- MANOS, W P
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Container cars; Diesel multiple unit cars; Forest products; Freight cars; Freight traffic; Gondola cars; High speed rail; Hopper cars; Light rail vehicles; Lumber; Lumber industry; Passenger cars; Rapid transit cars; Technology; Vehicle design
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced concept train; Car design; Wood chip cars
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00168015
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: 77-WA/RT-5 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1981 12:00AM