PROGRESS IN RAILWAY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING 1976-1977 REPORT OF SURVEY COMMITTEE LOCOMOTIVES
This report covers motive power designs that have been delivered and developments undertaken in the survey period of September 1, 1976 to September 1, 1977. Data and photographs for seven new diesel locomotives, seven electric locomotives and two train sets are presented.
- Contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of ASME for presentation at the Winter Annual Meeting, Atlanta, Georgia, November 27-December 2,1977.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Baker, P H
- Schulze, F W
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternating current motors; Diesel locomotives; Electric locomotives; Electric power conditioning; Locomotives; Multiple unit trains; Technology; Vehicle design
- Candidate Terms: Traction drives
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00168008
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: 77-WA/RT-12 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1978 12:00AM