STANDARDIZATION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF AGT SYSTEMS
The development of Automated Guideway Transit Systems has already followed the classical patterns exhibited by other transit technologies in the early stages of their development. It is important for AGT systems, and in particular for PRT that this evolutionary process should be condensed into as short a time frame as possible consistent with a full investigation of all practical options in technology. The object of this paper is to discuss those elements of AGT systems which are susceptible to standardization and to propose a course of action which would rationalize the wide range of hardware and software presently under development. The nature of this paper is necessarily philosophical; however, it is intended to produce a catalytic effect which will stimulate thought rather than present an analytical solution.
- Preprint for meeting, February 23-27, 1976.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- MACDONALD, R
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated guideway transit; Automated vehicle control; Guideways; Intelligent transportation systems; Personal rapid transit; Rapid transit; Standardization; Technology; Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Automated guideway systems; Automated transit system; Transportation technology
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00167991
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 760359 Preprints
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1982 12:00AM