MODEL RULES FOR THE SOUND RADIATION BY SHIP HULLS
General model rules are derived for acoustical scale models which contain simultaneously solid, liquid and gaseous parts. Besides inertia and elasticity also damping is considered. The model rules are discussed especially with respect to models of ship hulls of which the radiation into the surrounding water has to be measured. Some applications are outlined.
Ministry of Defense (Marine), NetherlandsTorenstraat 172
The Hague, Netherlands
- Wolde, T T
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; Photos; References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Sound transmission
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic scaling; Model scaling; Model testing; Sound radiation
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00010206
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 25 1973 12:00AM