CATALOGUE OF ROAD SURFACE DEFICIENCIES
This report presents a precise definition for each of the various types of road surface damages, photographic illustrations of these damages and their probable causes. It is noted that road surface damages are caused not only by traffic or environmental factors but also from faulty road maintenance and inadequate construction. Certain deficiencies such as visibly inadequate surface properties and extensive noise levels may be the result of an inadequate choice of materials as well as the result of studded tires on road surfaces. The catalogue is divided into three sections: Flexible and semi-rigid pavements, rigid pavements, and gravel roads.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)2, rue André Pascal
Paris, France 75775 Paris Cedex 16
- Publication Date: 1977-10-10
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Defects; Environment; Flexible pavements; Gravel roads; Highway maintenance; Highways; Rigid pavements; Road construction; Sound level; Studded tires; Surface course (Pavements); Traffic
- Uncontrolled Terms: Highway damage
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00167884
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM