URBAN TRAFFIC CONTROL AND BUS PRIORITY SYSTEM. VOLUME II. OPERATOR'S MANUAL
This manual describes the equipment, functional operation, and the procedures for operating the integrated Urban Traffic Control System (UTCS)/Bus Priority System (BPS). The UTCS and BPS together comprise an integrated computer-controlled traffic system. The UTCS can operate independently of the BPS, however, the converse is not true. The UTCS Computer must be on-line before the BPS Computer can be started up. Furthermore, the BPS cannot grant bus extensions until the UTCS has been brought on-line and has been activated, at least in part, for Critical Intersection Control (CIC) operation. Section 2, Functional Operation, summarizes and describes in some detail the various aspects of the UTCS/BPS functional operation. Section 3, Equipment Description, includes an overall system block diagram together with a description of individual components. Section 4, Operating Procedrues, provides step-by-step procedures including system start up and shutdown, traffic surveillance, mode operation, malfunction detection and management, and data accumulation and reporting. Section 5, Reference Tables and Manuals, describes the contents and use of the Cross Reference Directory and other reference tables, as well as a list of reference manuals. Appendices are also included.
- Sponsored by the DOT, Federal Highway Administration.
Sperry Rand CorporationSperry Systems Management Division
Great Neck, NY USA 11020
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 144 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transportation; Computer programs; Computers; Data collection; Equipment; Highway traffic control; Strategic planning; Traffic control; Traffic surveillance; Urban areas
- Old TRIS Terms: On line computers
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00167869
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-76-183 Final Rpt., FCP 32B1-022
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-7605
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM