LOW-COST BICYCLE PATH PAVEMENTS
The proposed research involves an analytic and experimental investigation to develop realistic design criteria for bicycle path pavements. The research also included evaluation of specific designs and innovative low-cost material systems for use in bicycle path pavements. An extensive literature review of currently existing and experimental bikepath pavement was also included. Results from this report indicate that the strength and durability of Class I bidepath pavements can be improved and the construction cost can be reduced through better design and construction practices and use of low-cost material systems. /Author/
- This report was sponsored by the Office of University Research, Department of Transportation.
University of Georgia, ExperimentGeorgia Experiment Station
Experiment, GA United States
- Lai, J S
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 120 p.
- TRT Terms: Bikeways; Design; Durability; Materials; Pavements; Road construction; Strength of materials; Surveys; Walkways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Low cost road construction
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways; Materials; Pavements; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00167831
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TST-77-69 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-50226
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 2000 12:00AM