DETERMINING STIFFNESS COEFFICIENTS AND ELASTIC MODULI OF PAVEMENT MATERIALS FROM DYNAMIC DEFLECTIONS
The several methods of computing stiffness coefficients or elastic moduli of materials to be used in computerized pavement design procedures and in other research activities requiring the knowledge of these values are presented in this report. The methods include computer codes for calculating stiffness coefficients and elastic moduli of simple two-layer pavement structures based on the observed surface pavement deflections, a graphical technique of obtaining elastic moduli of simple two-layer pavement structures and two recently developed computer codes for calculating stiffness coefficients of multi-layer pavement structures. The Method of solution and the basic equations of each method are presented to assist the prospective user in determining which method best meets his needs. /Author/
- This report was sponsored by the Texas State Department of Highways and Public Transportation in cooperation with the Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration.
Arlington, TX USA 76011
- Michalak, C H
- Lu, D Y
- Turman, G W
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 111 p.
- TRT Terms: Data processing; Modulus of elasticity; Pavement design; Pavement layers; Stiffness
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pavement structure
- Old TRIS Terms: Dynamic deflection determination
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00167830
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TTI-2-8-75-207-1 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: Study 2-8-75207
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM