EXPERIMENTAL RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN MODULI FOR SOIL LAYERS BENEATH CONCRETE PAVEMENTS
Two subgrades and four rigid pavement test sections were constructed and instrumented to recover experimental information of soil/rigid pavement behavior beneath static loadings. Pavement deflections and pavement/soil strain data were recorded for incremental static loads applied to a 30 inch diameter steel plate. Tests were conducted for comparison of experimentally collected data with Westergaard and elastic layer analyses of the test sections to investigate whether a consistent mathematical relationship exists between the two methods of analysis. To this end material characterizations were carried out for the component materials in the 4 different pavement sections and analytically predicted and experimentally obtained response data were compared. /Author/
- Sponsored by DOT, Federal Aviation Administration.
Naval Construction Battalion CenterCivil Engineering Laboratory, Point Mugu
Port Hueneme, CA United States 93043
- Forrest, J B
- Springston, Preston S
- Katona, M G
- Rollins, J
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 236 p.
- TRT Terms: Coefficient of subgrade reaction; Concrete pavements; Deflection; Elastic analysis; Pavements; Rigid pavements; Static loads; Steel plates; Strain (Mechanics); Subgrade (Pavements)
- Old TRIS Terms: Elastic analysis (Structural); Pavement deflection; Strains; Westergaards theory
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00167824
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-RD-76-206 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA74WAI-487
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM