OIL SPILLS AND SPILLS OF HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES
Some significant spill incidents and the managerial and technological mechanisms for dealing with spills are described. The primary objective of the oil and hazardous substance spill program is to protect water quality through the prevention of spills and to minimize the impact of spills on the environment. Effects and prevention of spills, reponding to spills, spill surveillance, spill incidents, spills of hazardous substances, and international cooperation are discussed.
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Water Program Operations
Washington, DC United States 20460
- Publication Date: 1977-3
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Cooperation; Impacts; International; International compacts; Management; Oil spills; Planning; Prevention; Spills (Pollution)
- Old TRIS Terms: Management planning; Oil spill impact; Oil spill prevention
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Environment; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00167809
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Pollution Abstracts
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1978 12:00AM