SEA ICE-75. ICE DETECTION BY SLAR
The theoretical background, types of side looking airborne radar (SLAR) systems with their specifications, properties and limitations are described. The "slar" images are interpreted; these were obtained during survey flights over the Bothnia Gulf. Actual interpretation is based on a comparison with aerial photographs, taken during the same period.
- Research report completed with the cooperation of the Winter Navigation Research Board, Swedish Administration of Shipping and Navigation and the Finnish Board of Navigation.
Ship Research Institute of NorwayP.O. Box 4125, Valentinlyst, Hakon Hakonsongt. 34
N-7001 Trondheim, Norway
- Morra, RHJ
- Deloor, G P
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Detectors; Ice; Mapping; Radar; Side looking radar; Surveys
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ice detection
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice mapping; Ice surveys
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00167789
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Research Rpt. 16:3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM