SEA ICE-75. DYNAMICAL REPORT
Field measurements on sea ice was carried out in the Bay of Bothnia during March 10-20, 1975. The forces and parameters in the equation of motion for sea ice have been studied on the Mesoscale. Winds and currents were measured to calculate the wind and water stress, the ice mass distribution was studied, the tilting of the sea surface computed, vertical temperature and salinity soundings in the water made and surface temperatures at different ice types measured.
- Research report completed with the cooperation of the Winter Navigation Research Board, Swedish Administration of Shipping and the Finnish Board of Navigation.
Ship Research Institute of NorwayP.O. Box 4125, Valentinlyst, Hakon Hakonsongt. 34
N-7001 Trondheim, Norway
- Udin, I
- Omstedt, A
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 67 p.
- TRT Terms: Drift ice; Ice; Ice by location; Loads; Measurement; Ocean currents; Salinity
- Old TRIS Terms: Current forces; Ice distribution; Ice loads; Ice measurement; Wind driven ice
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00167787
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Research Rpt 16:8
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM