SEA ICE-75. ANALYSIS OF "SLAR" DATA
The purpose of this report is to present results, obtained from the analysis of "slar" (side-looking airborne radar) data. This experiment was conducted in the Bay of Bothnia during March, 1975. In an effort to help explain and understand some of the results, included are sections on the formation of sea ice and its relevant characteristics, the nature of radar return from sea ice, and sea ice parameters of interest.
- Research Report completed with the cooperation of the Winter Navigation Research Board, Swedish Administration of Shipping and Navigation and the Finnish Board of Navigation.
Ship Research Institute of NorwayP.O. Box 4125, Valentinlyst, Hakon Hakonsongt. 34
N-7001 Trondheim, Norway
- Parashar, S
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Detectors; Ice; Ice formations; Ice phenomena; Mapping; Radar; Remote sensing; Side looking radar
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ice detection
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice characteristics; Ice mapping
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00167786
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Research Rpt. 16:4 Res. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM