AN INVESTIGATION OF THE TECHNICAL ECONOMIC FEASIBILITY OF APPLYING THE D-CYCLE TO MARINE PROPULSION
This report contains: A summary description of a condensing vapor cycle with a steam compression step, known as the D-Cycle. The application of the D-Cycle to marine propulsion is considered and discussed. The cycle is applied to five different marine rankine cycles. Heat balances are developed for the D-Cycle applications. Two D-Cycles are selected for further analysis. For the two chosen cycles, costs are developed, and effect of the D-Cycle introduction on the cost of ship operation is estimated. Requirements for fitting the 2 chosen cycles to new ships and for retrofitting are discussed.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
D-Cycle Power Systems Incorporated2541 Stratford Road
Richmond, VA USA 23225
- Publication Date: 1976-6-25
- Pagination: 96 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Heat balance; Propulsion; Steam engines; Steam turbines; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Propulsion systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic analysis (Propulsion systems); Steam cycles; Steam turbine propulsion
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00167781
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-5-38059
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM