PROPAGATION AND RADIATION OF NOISE IN SHIP STRUCTURES
The ways in which the mechanical power induced by a noise source can propagate in the steel structure are summarized. The paper then discusses transmission and attenuation, radiation of sound from structures, and room absorption and resulting noise levels.
- Presented at Noise Symposium, October 23-24, 1975.
Norske VeritasGrenseveien 92, Etterstad
Oslo 6, Norway
- Nilsson, A C
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Noise; Noise control; Sound absorption; Sound transmission; Structural analysis; Structural steel
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Sound radiation; Structure-borne noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00167776
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM