Air- and structure-borne noise is discussed, and the most important noise sources are analyzed (main and auxiliary engine systems, propeller, exhaust systems, pumps and compressors, and fan equipment including air intakes and outlets). In each case, noise propagation and noise reduction are dealt with.
- Symposium at Hovik, October 23-24, 1975.
Norske VeritasGrenseveien 92, Etterstad
Oslo 6, Norway
- Brubakk, E
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Cavitation noise; Engines; Exhaust gases; Noise; Noise control; Noise sources; Sound transmission; Structural analysis; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Exhaust noise; Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine vibration; Structure-borne noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00167772
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM