THE PREVENTION OF CARGO FIRES AND EXPLOSIONS ON OIL TANKERS
The paper summarizes for the non-tanker reader the development of design and operation precautions for the prevention of explosions on tankers, with emphasis on the recent attention paid to electrostatic hazards and inert gas atmosphere control.
- Presented at Safety at Sea, Second West European Conference on Marine Technology in London, May 23-27, 1977.
Royal Institution of Naval Architects, England10 Upper Belgrave Street
London SW1X 8BQ, England
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Electrostatics; Explosions; Fire causes; Fire prevention; Marine safety; Noble gases; Oil tankers; Prevention; Tankers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Inert gas systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Explosion prevention; Tanker safety
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00167762
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 10 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM