MANAGEMENT SIMULATION-A METHOD OF IMPROVED MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT
The discussion begins with a summary of management development concepts and then applies these concepts to a management development program. Next, the discussion focuses on management simulation as a tool for development. Advantages and disadvantages of simulaton are discussed and potential application of management simulation is shown. An analysis of simulation design philosophy and design objectives is presented for a simulation at the first-line supervisor level for a hypothetical engineering organization. Results of tests of the simulation are discussed and conclusions are drawn. The Appendix contains a guide, example of play, aids, and an example planning sheet that will provide anyone who has a copy of this paper an opportunity to play the simulation. A selected bibliography is also included for those who wish to read further on this topic of research and engineering management.
Department of the NavyAssociation of Scientists and Engineers of NASSC
Washington, DC USA 20360
- Hope, J P
- Publication Date: 1977-3
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Decision making; Design; Industrial engineering
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00167749
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of Scientists and Engineers of NASSC
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1978 12:00AM