CERAMIC GAS-TURBINE ENGINE DEVELOPMENT, AN INTERIM REPORT
While these payoffs for successful use of ceramics in gas turbine engines must be classified very high on any desirability scale, the problems confronting implementation of the structural use of ceramics for these applications also have a comensurate level of difficulty. It is worthwhile to look into the structure and properties of ceramic materials in order to appreciate the special design techniques necessary for their use in the engine application.
- Presented at the 14th Annual Technical Symposium.
Department of the NavyAssociation of Scientists and Engineers of NASSC
Washington, DC USA 20360
- Fairbanks, J W
- Publication Date: 1977-3
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Ceramic materials; Cost control; Engines; Gas turbines; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00167742
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of Scientists and Engineers of NASSC
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1978 12:00AM