EXPERIMENTAL STUDY ON ICE FORCE ON A PILE
Investigations are made on the ice forces exerting on an isolated vertical pile were studied. Three kinds of experiments were carried out to obtain formulas for the ice forces on the pile. It has been found that the ice forces are proportional to the thickness of the ice and the square root of maximum width of a pile for each of three cases with piles of different crossectional shapes, circular, rectangular and wedged. Based on these experiments formulas on the ice forces on a pile is proposed.
- Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions (POAC 77), Newfoundland Memorial University, Canada, September 26-30, 1977.
POAC Conference 77,
- SAEKI, H
- Hamanaka, K
- Ozaki, A
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Experiments; Force; Ice; Piles (Supports); Thickness
- Uncontrolled Terms: Experimental methods
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice forces on structures; Ice thickness
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00167693
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1978 12:00AM