NAVIGATION DELAYS DUE TO ICE CONDITIONS. ANALYSIS AND CASE STUDIES
In planning marine facilities in Canada, a major factor of uncertainty has been the time delay to shipping due to ice conditions. This paper outlines a general approach to the problem and discusses the application of the approach to several recent projects in Eastern Canada.
- Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions (POAC 77), Newfoundland Memorial University, Canada, September 26-30, 1977.
POAC Conference 77,
- Crowley, J E
- Cammaert, A B
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Ice; Ice navigation; Operations; Resistance (Mechanics); River ice
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic operations; Ice resistance
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00167685
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1978 12:00AM