MARITIME OPERATIONS RELATIVE TO CONSTRUCTION OF LARGE CONCRETE OFFSHORE STRUCTURES
The construction of such objects is initially carried out on dry land in a building dock. Here the "Base section" is built, that is the lower part of the floating caisson and so much of the caisson walls that make it float with safe margine of freeboard. This paper will give an account of the maritime operations performed by "Norwegian Contractors Maritime Operation Group" related to construction of the Condeep platforms constructed in Stavanger and Andalsnes, Norway, and towed out to final destinations in the years 1975-76 and 77.
- Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions (POAC 77), Newfoundland Memorial University, Canada, September 26-30, 1977.
POAC Conference 77,
- Werenskiold, K
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete structures; Mooring; Moorings; Offshore construction; Offshore platforms; Offshore structures
- Old TRIS Terms: Offshore platform construction
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00167681
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1978 12:00AM