BILGE VORTEX SCALE EFFECT
It is concluded that when going from model to full scale the bilge vortices move horizontally so that their distance from the centre plane of the propeller disc is reduced by about 25 percent. This is about half the motion predicted by the "Sasajiima-Tanaka" method for the frictional wake contours.
- Presented at the Symposium on Hydrodynamics of Ship and Offshore Propulsion Systems in Hovik outside Oslo, March 20-25, 1977, Session 1. Also available from Engineering Societies Library.
Norske VeritasGrenseveien 92, Etterstad
Oslo 6, Norway
- Huse, E
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Bilges; Propellers; Vehicle design; Vortices; Wakes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Scale effect
- Old TRIS Terms: Bilge vortices; Propeller design; Wake analysis
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00167673
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 6/4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1978 12:00AM