INTEGRAL DISCRIMINANTS OF THE VELOCITY FIELD INDUCED BY A SYSTEM OF HELICAL VORTICES WITH FINITE DIMENSIONS OF THE VORTEX CORE
Coefficients averaging components of the velocities induced by systems of concentrated helical vortices/integral discriminants are described. The coefficients make it possible to relate the velocity field to external forces that create this field. Calculation of the averaging coefficients is based on the exact shape of singularities of the concentrated vortices.
- From the Collected Papers of the Marine Propeller Division.
Institute of Fluid Flow MachineryGdansk, Poland
- Koronowicz, T
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Hydrodynamics; Propellers; Vortices; Wakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller theory; Vortex theory; Wake analysis
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00167661
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1978 12:00AM