GENOA'S FLOATING PRESTRESSED CONCRETE DOCK
A description of the 342.82 x 78.25 M wide (OA) dock is given. Behaviour of floating docks under ship loading is dealt with, a structural model is described and finite element analysis of the structure is discussed. The behaviour of the dock subject to design ship loads is considered, and the creep and shrinkage effects are analyzed.
- Presented at the Concrete Ships and Floating Structures 77 conference in London, March 3-4, 1977.
Royal Institution of Naval Architects, England10 Upper Belgrave Street
London SW1X 8BQ, England
- LEVI, F
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Creep; Drydocks; Finite element method; Floating docks; Floating structures; Prestressed concrete
- Old TRIS Terms: Drydock construction; Floating concrete structures
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00167658
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1978 12:00AM