RAIL SYSTEMS DIAGRAM
The Regional Rail Reorganization Act of 1973 and the Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976 have fostered a coordinated federal/state/local effort to develop alternatives to railroad abandonments or discontinuances of rail service. This package of maps, printouts and statistical summaries is intended to enhance the planning required by the 4-R Act by presenting a composite overview of the present and future rail systems within the individual states. Those lines which carriers may seek to abandon in the future, for which abandonment may be sought within three years and for which abandonments applications are pending are color coded so that planners can evaluate and assess the viability of light-density lines.
- Includes set of 41 color-coded consolidated rail systems diagram maps.
Interstate Commerce Commission,
- Publication Date: 1977-9
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Branch lines; Industry structure; Planning; Railroad traffic; Railroad transportation; State government; States; Subsidies; Traffic density; Transportation; Transportation planning
- Identifier Terms: Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976
- Old TRIS Terms: Light density lines; State rail plan
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00167576
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Interstate Commerce Commission
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1978 12:00AM