TRANSPORTATION REQUIREMENTS OF COAL TO THE MARKET PLACE
Several elements in the Rail Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act will materially benefit the coal industry. One is Section 310, "Equitable Distribution of Cars for Unit Train Service". The establishment of a dual fleet for railroad owned cars -- unit train and non-unit train -- will enable mines to receive a more certain car supply. Of nearly equal importance, the new Act brings together capital and commitment in rail ratemaking by virtue of a long needed provision. That provision is Section 206, which provides protection for a rate requiring a capital investment by the carrier, or the users, of one million dollars or more.
- From the American Mining Congress Coal Show, Session Papers, Detroit, Michigan, May 10-13, 1976. Also available from American Mining Congress.
American Mining CongressRing Building, 1200 18th Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Boone, J W
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Capital investments; Car supply (Railroads); Coal; Coal industry; Freight cars; Freight traffic; Legislation; Private car lines; Rate making; Unit trains
- Identifier Terms: Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car investment
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Law; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00167557
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1978 12:00AM