DUTY CYCLES FOR TURBINE-POWERED TRAINS
The engine cycling rates for gas turbine powered trains is inevitably high particularly when considering free turbine engines. Conservative design minimizes the effect of LCF life and in field operations there have been no cases of failure on ST6 engines from this cause. Nevertheless it is good engineering practice to keep the cycling rates to a minimum by the use of suitable operating techniques.
- From SAE Meeting, February 28-March 4, 1977.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Blizzard, C A
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Gas turbine locomotives; Gas turbines; Locomotives; Maintenance; Vehicle maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive maintenance
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00167551
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 770285 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1978 12:00AM