WELDING IN ALUMINIUM TRANSPORTATION EQUIPMENT
This paper establishes the position of welded aluminium in transportation applications and offers examples which confirm its viability for this use. The author deals with the important technical factors in welding and design for welding that lead to successful construction of aluminium transportation equipment. Processes and process innovations such as the use of shielding gases other than argon are emphasized.
- Intl Inst of Weld, Public Sessions and Met Technol Conference, Sydney, Australia, August 21-28, 1976.
International Institute of Welding,
- Hirschfield, J A
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Alloys; Aluminum; Aluminum alloys; Construction management; Design; Light vehicles; Vehicle design; Welding
- Old TRIS Terms: Car design
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00167537
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Vol A Sess 5 Pap 1 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1977 12:00AM