The Proceedings contains 34 papers presented at the Symposium, as well as discussions and authors' replies. Tunnels, tunneling case histories and tunneling machines of all types are covered in the papers, including highway tunnels, railway tunnels, water tunnels, submarine tunnels, mining tunnels, controlled blasting techniques, bentonite shields, ground support systems, linings, instrumentation, percussive rock drills, cutting performance factors, soft ground and hard rock tunneling and machines, structural design and analysis. Individual papers are indexed separately.
- Tunnelling, Proceedings of an Intl Symp, London, England, March 1-5, 1976. Also available from the Institution of Mining and Metallurgy.
Institution of Mining & Metallurgy44 Portland Place
London W1N 4BR, England
- JONES, M J
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 455 p.
- TRT Terms: Engineering; Geology; Ground handling; Mines; Rock mechanics; Rocks; Soft soils; Soil mechanics; Structural design; Tunnel lining; Tunneling; Tunneling machines; Tunnels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Controlled blasting; Tunnel design
- Old TRIS Terms: Ground support; Hard rock tunneling; Rock tunneling; Soft ground tunneling; Tunnel excavation; Tunnels and tunneling
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00167532
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1977 12:00AM