TRANSPORTATION OF COAL AND OTHER RESOURCES. MEETING ENERGY REQUIREMENTS THROUGH THE 1980S
This seminar explored many aspects of energy transportation, giving special attention to coal. Among the topics were energy demands, sources and availability of transportation, including carrier capacity for coal distribution. Also examined were regional aspects of coal production and consumption to meet utility and other requirements and the environmental, social and financial costs involved in increasing substantially the nation's coal production. Addresses and a series of panels and discussions are included.
- Proceedings of a Conference May 24-26, 1977.
American UniversityCenter for Transportation Studies
Washington, DC United States 20016
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 537 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Coal; Coal industry; Coal resources; Electric power generation; Energy resources; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Public utilities; Slurry pipelines; Traffic forecasting; Unit trains
- Uncontrolled Terms: Utilities
- Geographic Terms: Eastern States; Western States
- Old TRIS Terms: Fuel sources
- Subject Areas: Energy; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00167521
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American University
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1977 12:00AM