RAILROAD ACCIDENT REPORTS-FORMAT, ISSUE NUMBER 2--1976
This publication contains briefs of 119 selected railroad accidents, occurring in U.S. railroad operations from April through July 1976. The brief format presents basic facts, conditions, circumstances and probable causes in each instance. Additional statistical information is tabulated by types of accidents, and casualties related to types of accidents, carriers involved, and causal factors.
- See also report dated 7 Dec 76, PB-268935.
National Transportation Safety BoardBureau of Accident Investigation, 800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20594
- Publication Date: 1977-9-9
- Pagination: 130 p.
- TRT Terms: Collisions; Crash data; Crash investigation; Crashes; Derailments; Fatalities; Freight trains; Human factors; Passenger trains; Pedestrians; Statistics; Train operation; Trespassers; Vehicle components; Yard operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance analysis
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00167495
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Transportation Safety Board
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTSB-RAB-77-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1977 12:00AM