THE NO-BUILD ALTERNATIVE--PART 2--APPENDICES
This report is divided into five sections: The first section reviews the basic range of social impact methodologies currently available to predict social impacts due to transportation projects. The available methodologies are summarized and evaluated in respect to their general strengths and weaknesses. The second section reviews the range of methodologies available to predict the economic impacts associated with transportation projects. After reviewing some basic theories and techniques of impact analyisis, the applicability of these various techniques is applied to specific impact categoreis. The third section discusses some of the currently available methodologies and techniques for environmental impact analysis. Environmental impacts are grouped into eight catagories, and methodologies and techniques applicable to each are discussed. The fourth section contains case studies of four transportation projects for which discussions were made not to construct or to delay construction. The fifth section presents the results of a survey that was designed to determine how transportation agencies were using the NCTF (not constructing transportation facilities) alternative and analyzing its impacts; and which transportation projects had resulted in decisions not to build or delay construction. The sixth and final section presents a Phase II work plan which includes recommended objectives and a proposed seven task scope of the work plan.
- This work was sponsored by the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, in cooperation with the Federal Highway Administration, and was conducted in the National Cooperative Highway Research Program which is administered by the Transportation Research Board of the National Research Council.
Crane (David A) and Partners, Incorporated334 Boylston Street
Boston, MA USA 02116
Economics Research Associates334 Boylston Street
Boston, MA USA 02116
Voorhees (Alan M) and Associates, IncorporatedCambridge, MA USA
- Lane, J S
- Grenzeback, Lance R
- Martin, T J
- Lockwood, S C
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 525 p.
- TRT Terms: Case studies; Construction; Economic impacts; Environmental impacts; No build; Socioeconomic factors; Surveys; Transportation
- Subject Areas: Construction; Economics; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00167467
- Record Type: Publication
- Contract Numbers: NCHRP Project 8-11
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM