TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT REPORT
The Federal Highway and Urban Mass Transportation Administrations have jointly issued a series of regulations designed to achieve maximum efficiency from the short-range use of existing resources. The Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for the Dayton area, and the Montgomery-Greene County Transportation and Development Planning Program are both responsible for preparing the TSM element of the areawide transportation plan. The items discussed in the TSM Report include those sections which have already been accomplished, those which have been incorporated in TCC's Fiscal 1977 Overall Work Program or which will be incorporated in the work programs of future years; and those which have been forwarded for implementation by other appropriate agencies. The following major headings are discussed in this report: Efficient use of Existing Road Space. Reduction of vehicle use in congested areas. Improvement of Transit Service. And, increased management efficiency throughout the transportation system. As part of the existing long-range transportation plan, the transportation systems management element is endorsed annually and updated as needed. Through this element, the Transportation and Development Planning Program will guide the Montgomery-Greene County region to more efficient and less expensive movement of people and goods.
Montgomery County Planning CommissionWest 3rd and St Marys Streets
Dayton, OH United States 45402
- Publication Date: 1976-3-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 132 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic efficiency; Level of service; Policy; Public transit; Regulations; Traffic congestion; Transportation planning; Transportation system management; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency; Service
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Law; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00167450
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1981 12:00AM