POLICE TRAFFIC SERVICES PERSONNEL PERFORMANCE EVALUATION SYSTEM
This report is the second of two studies undertaken to produce the PTS Personnel Performance Evaluation System. Using PTS Job Descriptions produced in the first study, this study proceeded to define and validate 'evaluative factors,' i.e., clusters of personnel activities that could be observed, measured and evaluated relative to performance standards. These factors were designed into a system of evaluation for use by first-level supervisors. The system included detailed instructions, forms and guidance for implementing the system. The system was then pilot-tested in ten police agencies, reviewed, revised and prepared for publication. This report describes the underlying concepts of evaluation, the study methodology and pilot test results.
- See also report dated Apr 76, PB-254 037.
Dunlap and Associates, IncorporatedDarien, CT United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Bishop, E W
- Hamilton, J W
- Oates, JFJ
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: 85 p.
- TRT Terms: Highway traffic control; Job analysis; Level of service; Performance evaluations; Personnel management; Police; Recommendations; Reviews; Surveys; Systems analysis; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Operations and Traffic Management; Research; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00167396
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ED-77-7, DOT-HS-802-608
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-6-01386,, DOT-HS-5-01272
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 27 2002 12:00AM