LOW-COST BICYCLE PATH PAVEMENTS
The proposed research involves an analytic and experimental investigation to develop realistic design criteria for bicycle path pavements. The research also included evaluation of specific designs and innovative low-cost material systems for use in bicycle path pavements. An extensive literature review of currently existing and experimental bikepath pavement was also included. Results indicate that the strength and durability of Class I bikepath pavements can be improved and the construction cost can be reduced through better design and construction practices and use of low-cost material systems.
- See also PB-253 096.
University of Georgia, ExperimentGeorgia Experiment Station
Experiment, GA USA
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Lai, J S
- Publication Date: 1976-12-13
- Pagination: 134 p.
- TRT Terms: Bicycles; Cost engineering; Design; Durability; Materials; Pavements; Roads; Strength of materials
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Materials; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00167391
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TST-77/69, Final Report
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-50226
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 27 2002 12:00AM