ANALYSIS OF A STATEWIDE INTEGRATED TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM
The University Transportation Study Consortium recommends that the Mississippi Legislature create an umbrella, multimodal transportation agency for the coordination of transportation within the state. At present Mississippi's transportation system has no formalized, intermodal coordination for planning and no common reporting or focal point. Each mode operates autonomously, and balanced planning among the modes does not exist.
Mississippi Research and Development CenterP.O. Drawer 2470
Jackson, MI United States 39205
Department of TransportationOffice of University Research, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Smith, M
- Peterson, J R
- Baird, H
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Pagination: 85 p.
- TRT Terms: Coordination; Freight transportation; Level of service; Passenger transportation; Planning; Policy; Recommendations; State departments of transportation; State government; Trade; Transportation operations; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services; Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: Mississippi
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Government policies
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00167389
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TST-77/16 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-40089
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 27 1978 12:00AM